Planning Law and Property Rights Conference 2012
The local organising committee at the School of the Built Environment,
University of Ulster, are looking forward to welcoming you to the sixth
PLPR conference - Rights, Responsibilities and Equity in Land Use Planning - between 7th - 10th February 2012 in Belfast.
We invite papers on all topics related to law and planning, including all legal aspects of urban, regional, and rural planning; land use regulation; strategic spatial planning, property rights, expropriation and compensation; housing; and public-private cooperation. We are encouraging submissions from researchers working in such areas as planning policy and practice, land economy, and environmental mediation and justice. Early career scholars and PhD students are particularly welcome!
Specific conference themes include:
1. Climate change, renewable energy and resilience
2. Flooding, mitigation and adaptation in land use planning
3. Sustainable development and property rights
4. Managing the commons and mediating resource conflicts
5. Reconstructing planning under economic and social uncertainty
6. Public goods, infrastructure and market relations
7. Planning for legacy and heritage
8. Participation and justice in land use planning
9. Changing institutional and organisational forms in planning.
The conference will be based in the Europa Hotel Belfast and will provide opportunities to explore the very dynamic planning and development changes taking place in the city.
If you have not yet submitted your abstract, please note that abstracts need to be submitted online before 10th October 2011 at:
The Local Organisisng Committee