Call for University Session Proposals
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to regional policy. This event serves as a platform for discussing and showcasing the development of EU cohesion policy and making decision-makers more aware of the importance of regions and cities in EU policymaking.
More info: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/home_en
The University Sessions are organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO)and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP). The academic societies (led by RSA Europe) will host around 10 sessions in-person or virtual (format to be confirmed) showcasing the best of new research to the largely policy-based audience at the week. We are now inviting proposals for these sessions. We invite the submission of proposals that may relate to the following overarching themes which constitute the focus of the 2022 #EURegionsWeek:
Green transition Territorial Cohesion Digital transition Youth empowerment
Participation in the #EURegionsWeek is an excellent opportunity to:
- showcase current academic research to policymakers and practitioners;
- interact with actors in cohesion policy – politicians, policymakers, and practitioners;
- reflect on key and emerging themes for future research promote knowledge exchange between policy makers and researchers;
- grow networks and alliances demonstrate the value/impact of research.
Session Format and Proposal
Please note that this event will be digital by default. By May at the latest, the decision will be made if and what events will be run in person in Brussels. A university session will be 90 minutes long. Session proposals should be submitted with indicative chair/moderator and up to four speakers. The session proposal should clarify the interactive element of the session. For example, this could be engaging with the audience either through the use of technologies such as slido, offering audience polls, word clouds etc or through an innovative session format with non-standard speakers etc. Organisers should assume that the audience will be primarily non-academic. Proposals need to be submitted online. The link to the online form will be added shortly. In the form, you will need to submit the following details:
- Name Email, Telephone number Affiliation (Job title / position, Name of Higher Education Institution (HEI), Country) Theme cluster (Green transition, Territorial Cohesion, Digital transition, Youth empowerment);
- Title of the proposed workshop Short description of the proposed workshop (Please note that if successful this text will become the description of your session on the event website - max 500 characters);
- Detailed description of the proposed workshop (Please include an indicative agenda and speaker(s) foreseen. This description will be used by the jury for the assessment of your application - max 1000 characters).
Submission of a proposed session does not guarantee its acceptance and you should not book any travel or accommodation in advance of hearing from the Association if your proposal is being taken forward.
Application form The application form for proposals is available online at https://www.rsaeurope.org/events/ewrc-university-sessions-application/. Submission Deadline: 5pm CET, 16th March 2022 Applicants commit themselves to:
- minimise the environmental impact of in person session as well as to respect the paperless and plastic-free guidance received from the organiser.
- ensure that panels have a good gender balance. Male-only panels will not be accepted.
The format of the event (in-person or online) will be confirmed in due course. 2021 #EURegionsWeek In 2021, the #EURegionsWeek was held online. Details and the recordings of the 2021 University Sessions are available on the REPLAY section of the event website: www.rsaeurope.org/event/euregionsweek-2021.