The 2022 UK – Ireland Planning Research Conference will take place at the University of Manchester from 5th – 7th September, and coincides with the Department of Planning and Environmental Management’s 70th anniversary.
Building on the RTPI’s digital planning manifesto, this year’s conference theme is Planning in, and for, a Digital World. Our keynote speakers will focus on this important aspect of planning ‘reform’; ranging from the implications of the metaverse, to how the ‘digital’ may or may not transform planning practice, and the possible erosion of public participation. Further details are here https://psfuk.wordpress.com/prc-2022/
We welcome papers on all aspects of planning as is the tradition with the annual UK-Ireland PRC.
Conference tracks will include topics such as:
- GI and Climate Change
- Housing and Regeneration
- Infrastructure and Transport Planning
- Neighbourhood and Community Planning
- Planning History, Preservation and Conservation
- Planning Theory and Practice
- PlanTech, the Metaverse and Digital Methods
- Real Estate in the post-pandemic era
- Rural Planning, Ecology and Rewilding
- Territorial Governance and Strategic Planning
- Urban Design and Healthy Neighbourhoods
We are also happy to accept proposal for roundtable discussions.
- Abstract submission closes: Thu 14th April 2022
- Abstract acceptances sent: Fri 29th April 2022
- Early bird registration deadline: Fri 17th June 2022
- Final conference registration deadline: 31st July 2022
Further details and abstract submission via https://psfuk.wordpress.com/prc-2022/
Richard Kingston, 2022 Conference Chair.
Bertie Dockerill, Organsing Committee