The Springer new book series "Cities and Nature" will address the perplexing interfaces among the spatial dynamics of urban built areas, small scale peri-urban agriculture and nature. The books will emphasize empirically based, cutting-edge, theoretical advances in economics, regional science, geography and ecology. In particular, the books will address, but not be limited to, the following topics:
- dynamics of the interface areas between urban, agriculture and natural land-uses;
- urban sprawl and suburban dynamics, peri-urban dynamics;
- urban ecology, dynamics of urban open spaces, ecological corridors;
- dynamics of agricultural landscapes;
- regional dynamics and development of the settlement network;
- landscape fragmentation.
The books will include monographs and edited volumes of chapters written by foremost experts in the respective fields.
Call for papers flyer. If you would like to contribute to this series, please contact: