The RAMAU network (Network of architectural and town planning research evolution of stakeholders. professions and activities - https://www.ramau.archi.fr) is pleased to transmit herewith the call for contributions for the next issue of the Cahiers RAMAU entitled: "Digital technologies and urban fabric. Design processes, professions and organizations" (issue to be published online: https://cahiers-ramau.edinum.org).
Research on the interface between digital technology and the urban fabric is substantial and still increasing. However, evolutions in the area of digital instruments and processes are such that human and social science studies must keep on observing, unravelling, understanding and critically examining the way they affect urban design.
Papers welcomed in this issue may fall under one or more of the following complementary headings:
1. Digital procedures and urban, landscape or architectural design processes,
2. Digital procedures and transforming professions in architecture, urban fabric and landscape design (in terms of professional practices, training, or emerging new expertises and/or professions),
3. Institutional and organizational perspectives (transformation of public and private institutions and organizations).
It is expected that submissions based on a case study (French-speaking or international) will include a critical approach to the digital device(s) presented (uses, effects, values) in order to overcome forms of technology solutionism that come with - or even legitimize - their deployment.
• Intentions must be submitted by May 15th 2023 (approx. 1 page, bibliography not included)
• Abstract review and feedback to authors: 30 May 2023
• Deadline for complete submissions: September 15th 2023 (40-50,000 characters spaces included)
• Feedbak : December 2023
• Publication : second semester (2024)
Silvère Tribout et Marie-Anaïs Le Breton (issue coordinators)