In the framework of the the Laboratorio Cittadinanza/Workshop on Citizenship, in cooperation between the Bauhaus-Universitat Weimar, Planum and the University Rome 3, the project “New Neighbourhoods in Europe” aims to produce a volume with contributions of PhD researchers reflecting on the emergence of new neighbourhoods in the European City. We are kindly inviting students -in the field of urban heritage, urban studies, urban planning, architecture and other related disciplines- to send in an abstract for a chapter in the planned book. Relevant subjects:
* The political side of new developments, studying the form of urbanity (or citizenship) implicit in the design of new settlements
* Accessibility to public space and public goods in the neighbourhoods
* The innovative or traditional feature and life-styles that these neighbourhoods implicitly foster
* The contextual and political factors influencing the concept and design of these neighbourhoods
* The contribution with innovation and the new economy
Send an abstract of no more than 400 words explaining the case study that you would like to bring in and how your chapter will be addressing one or more of these subjects. Send it to both editors before the 31st of May. Those selected will be invited to a workshop to guideline the research, and to homogeneize the quality of the contributions. The book should than be produced within 2010.
Call for contributions to a book on "New Neighbourhoods in Europe"
- Parent Category: NEWS ARCHIVE
- Category: JOURNALS