Following the well-established tradition of recognising the most outstanding achievements in spatial development, urban and regional planning, and urban design, the International Society and Regional Planners (ISOCARP) will bestow the three category awards in 2020:
- Awards for Excellence, open to a wide range of professionals and institutions active in the field of urban planning and related areas; participants are invited to submit various tools used in planners’ daily practice: normative plans, strategic plans, urban projects, programmes, policies, research, software, etc.
- Gerd Albers Awards, given for the best individual publication: book, book chapter, journal article, and/or project report; for ISOCARP members only.
- Student Awards, addressing an individual or group student work at different levels (undergraduate-bachelor, graduate-master) with outstanding results in urban and regional planning or a related field.
The submission deadline is July 30, 2020. The winning entries will be advertised not only on the ISOCARP website and in social media, but also in special publications currently in preparation. Do not miss the opportunity to reward your work with some of the prestigious ISOCARP awards! Further information is available from ISOCARP Director for Awards, Ana Peric,
ISOCARP World Planning Congress 2020
As we are all aware, the current Coronavirus pandemic has brought about unprecedented changes in our societies and cities and has changed our focus in recent months. This may have deterred many of our colleagues from preparing and submitting abstracts for our Congress. Considering that this is still an ongoing and rapidly evolving situation, the International Society and Regional Planners (ISOCARP) will continue to accept the following special submissions:
- COVID-19 related abstracts
- Proposals for special sessions on Planning Practice and Planning Research
To submit your abstract, please follow the procedures here.
If you have any questions, please visit our website or contact us via